The prize winners of 2018
- The Best Poster Award was won by Bas Laan of Leiden University with his poster 'Lack of FAS receptor expression in colorectal cancer patients correlates with high TNM staging'.
- The Best Research award in the category Humanities & Law went to Elvire Landstra from Utrecht University with her paper ‘Bringer of Death: Explaining the Severity of the Black Death in Medieval England'.
- Within the category Social Sciences & Economics Cindy wilhelm of University of Rotterdam won the Research Award with the paper 'A ‘star performer’ megaproject?: Linkages and the Mozal aluminium smelters in Mozambique (1998-2017)'.
- Irene Comesaña Aguilar from Codarts University of Applied Sciences for the Arts won the Research Award in the category Society & Culture Studies with the paper 'Performance Practice of Schubert’s Last Piano Sonata'.
- In the category Natural Sciences and Engineering there ware a acadmic and a applied award. The academic award was won by William Steenbergen from the Twente Unversity with the paper 'Adjusted Grid Search to Finder Hyper-parameters in SARIMAX Models: Efficiently Filling The Shelves in Kruidvat Stores'. Besides this, the applied award was won by Harun Džafić from Fontys University of Applied Sciences won with his paper ‘Novel Folded pendulum residual seism accelerometer for the Virgo gravitational wave observatory: parasitic resonance mode characterisation'.
- The category Biomedical Sciences & Health had also an acadmic and a applied award. The applied award was won by Nina Drijfholt & Monique Vaneker from HAN University of Applied Sciences with their paper 'Triage van pijn op de borst klachten op de huisartsenpost, een mixed methods onderzoek'. The academic award was won by Gereon Hecht of Maastricht University with the paper 'Insulin sensitivity and body fat mass in young male sedentary adults'.
- The thematic prize, sustainability & Energy Transition, was won by David Sturmes of Van-Hall Larenstein Universtiy of Applied Sciences with the paper 'How to Coneect Artisanal & Small-Scale Gold Miners in Uganda to the International Market for Ethically Produced ASM Gold?'.